Atkins Caesar Salad
From Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution (1972) (I didn’t realize I hadn’t posted this recipe until I received a reply for the Caesar Salad Dressing recipe!)
- 2 heads of Romaine lettuce
- 1 clove of garlic, cut in half
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 pound bacon, cooked crisp
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 2-ounce can of anchovies (or 3 Tablespoons pitted, mashed Kalamata olives, for those who are allergic to fish)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chilled and chopped
Wash and dry lettuce well. Tear into bite-sized pieces.
Rub wooden salad bowl with garlic, place lettuce in bowl, add half the dressing, and toss well.
Top with bacon, cheese, parsley and anchovies.
Pour on remaining dressing, garnish with chopped egg, and serve.
Total carbohydrate grams: 32.7
Grams per serving: 4.1