Prosciutto Wrapped Eggs
Don’t include the bread and this is a fantastic “grab-n-go” breakfast!
A different way to eat ham and eggs – with a little Italian flavour.
- 16 slices prosciutto
- 4 thick slices ciabatta or sourdough bread
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, left whole
- 8 eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon thyme or chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an 8-hole, 1/3-cup muffin tin with prosciutto; use 2 slices for each hole. Spray 1 side of each bread slice with olive oil and rub with garlic. Cut bread slices into 16 pieces.
2. Put 2 pieces of bread in the bottom of each prosciutto case. Carefully break an egg into each. Season with pepper and sprinkle each with a little thyme or chives. Gather the excess prosciutto over the top of the egg. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your desired consistency. Stand for 2 minutes before removing from the tin.
Better Homes and Gardens