It looks like this recipe was originally on http://www.dlife.com/ but is no longer there.
All American Fried Chicken
Source: Chef Franklin Becker
Boneless chicken breast coated in pecans and lightly fried.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and lightly pounded (4-4 oz. Pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided, 1/4 cup finely ground and 1/4 cup coarsely ground
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 2 pinch black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 pinch salt, to taste (optional)
- 2 tbsp safflower oil (oil for frying)
Season the chicken with salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper. Combine the eggs and egg whites in a bowl.
Dip the chicken into the finely chopped nuts and coat.
Next, dip the chicken into the beaten egg mixture, and then into the coarsely ground nuts, coating evenly.
Fry the chicken on medium heat until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes per side.
When removing the chicken, handle with care, and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
Season with salt (optional) and pepper to taste, and serve.
Filberts or blanched almonds can be substituted for the pecan