For this recipe, I will post the ingredients for (and some notes) but you have to go to her blog to see the wonderful pictures and read about her experience.
Ingredients for kebabs
- 1 kg/2 lbs ground lamb, beef, turkey or chicken, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or, if available, 25 gr./1 oz. ground lamb fat
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine or grated into the meat
- 1 heaping teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 cups (use raw tahini, preferably whole-grain)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup of cold water (important that it be cold)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Note: do not use store-bought tahini. It will separate in cooking and look awful. Make your own as described above.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
My notes: I do not know the carb counts for this but Tahini (sesame seed paste in oil) has 3.2 grams per Tablespoon (which I thought was pretty dang good). You can usually find Tahini paste in the ethnic section of a large super market or here are two links to make your own (when she says not to use store-bought tahini, she’s referring to tahini that is seasoned and mixed with water, ready to eat). I love tahini but stopped buying the paste when it was priced out of my range. I can’t wait to make my own (and this recipe)!