Grilled Turkey Breast With Chive Butter, from Pierre Franey
Yield 4 servings
4 turkey breast steaks, about 1 1/2 pounds
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or 2 teaspoons dried
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons finely chopped chives
1. Preheat a charcoal grill until quite hot. Coals should be placed close to grill because meat will only be seared.
2. Place each turkey steak between sheets of clear plastic wrap. Pound lightly and evenly with meat pounder to make slices about 1/4-inch thick.
3. Season turkey with salt and pepper. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with sage.
4. Heat butter until melted. Add lemon juice, cumin, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and chives. Blend well. Keep warm.
5. Place steaks on grill and cook for about 2 minutes to a side or until done. Do not overcook. Transfer steaks to a serving dish. Pour chive butter over them and serve.
Grilled Mushroom Skewers, from Food Network Kitchens
Yield: 4 servings
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
36 cremini mushrooms with 2-inch caps, tough stem ends trimmed (about 1 1/2 pounds)
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped