Dr. Atkins’ Cheese Crackers
These were easy to make (really easy) and tasted good! I wouldn’t cut them into 20 pieces, like the recipe says, unless you want crackers the size of Cheez-Its. The crispy edges had a great flavor, so I think if we partially cooked these (until they were set enough to cut), then spread them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet to finish cooking, they would be even better!
Yields 200 crackers
A simple low-carb egg and sesame "cracker".
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, crushed in a blender
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Beat all ingredients until well blended.
- Line a 10×10 in baking pan with parchment paper (you might be able to just do this on a baking sheet … I haven’t tried that yet). Pour in the batter and spread as thin and evenly as possible.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until light brown. Cool and slice into 20 1-inch squares (I would cut them bigger). OR you could try my suggestion up there and cook for about 20 minutes, cut, then spread them out on a baking sheet to finish baking.
Nutrition as written (20 crackers): Per Serving: 32 Cal (80% from Fat, 12% from Protein, 8% from Carb); 1 g Protein; 3 g Tot Fat; 1 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 0 g Sugar
Nutrition, with egg whites and half and half (20 crackers): Per Serving: 28 Cal (77% from Fat, 14% from Protein, 9% from Carb); 1 g Protein; 2 g Tot Fat; 1 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 0 g Sugar